Judah Friedlander got his “big break” when he was cast as slacker comedy writer Frank Rossitano on the NBC hit sitcom 30 Rock. But before that Friedlander had been a working standup for decades, acted in dozens of popular films and TV shows and taught the masses the secrets to becoming an undisputed World Champion in “How to Beat Up Anybody: An Instructional and Inspirational Karate Book.” Now Judah’s got a new cartoon book out, titled “If the Raindrops United,” filled with his uniquely subversive, thought-provoking and hilarious drawings.
In this wide-ranging interview with The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur, Friedlander talks about:
- What “if the raindrops united” means and its message for humanity
- His experiences getting cock-blocked by reverse anti-semitism
- Developing his “World Champion” persona and how its evolved over the years
- Which GOP presidential candidate stole his act, right down to the wardrobe choices
- How the marketing of “American Exceptionalism” and a “We’re #1” attitude keeps the US from addressing glaring societal flaws and shortcomings.
- Why American schooling is about keeping kids from learning to think for themselves
- Why too few people are able to view the world through the lens of anyone else’s experience
Buy Judah’s book: http://www.powells.com/book/if-the-ra...
Visit Judah online: www.judahfriedlander.com
Follow Judah on Twitter: @JudahFriedlander
Follow Cenk on Twitter: @CenkUygur
Direct download: TYT_Interviews__Judah_Friedlander.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00pm EDT