Online dating, with all its potential - and potential for disappointment - is the hot topic of this latest installment of TYT Interviews, hosted by The Young Turks’ Ana Kasparian. For this episode, Ana sits down and gets real with:
- Lauren Urasek, holder of the vaunted title of “Most Messaged Girl on OKCupid” and author of “Popular: The Ups and Downs of Online Dating from the Most Popular Girl in New York City,” a collection of essays based on her online dating experiences.
- Robyn Lynne Norris. creator of “Undateable/#DateMe – an OKCUPID Experiment,” the most successful show in Second City’s (LA) history.
The three discuss their disparate online dating experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly relationship truths facing millennials seeking love in a dating world where one’s soulmate could always be just one more swipe away.
- How Lauren wound up as “The Most Messaged Girl on OKCupid”
- How “Undateable” arose purely by accident from Robyn’s efforts to create the most undesirable online dating profile imaginable
- Ana’s disappointing experience going on numerous dates with a guy who wouldn’t respond to her romantic advances.
- Other online dating horror stories
- Tips for creating an online profile that’s both honest and attractive.
Buy “Popular” on Amazon: http://ow.ly/W5r73
Follow Lauren on Twitter: @loandthecosmos
Follow Robyn on Twitter: @robynlnorris
Follow Ana on Twitter: @anakasparian
Like this interview? Enough that you want to throw a little Bitcoin our way? Great! Do it here: https://www.coinbase.com/TYT
For more interviews, subscribe to our channel HERE: https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTInterviews
Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://www.youtube.com/user/theyoungturks
Friend Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tytinterviews
Follow Us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theyoungturks
Support TYT for FREE by doing your Amazon shopping through this link (bookmark it!) http://www.amazon.com/?tag=theyoungturks-20
Buy TYT Merch: http://theyoungturks.spreadshirt.com/
Support The Young Turks by becoming a member of TYT Nation at http://http://www.tytnetwork.com/subscribe. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth. In exchange, we provided members only bonuses! We tape a special Post Game show Mon-Thurs and you get access to the entire live show at your convenience in video, audio and podcast formats.
Direct download: OKCupid.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00pm EDT